Pitt's value to Pennsylvania goes far beyond what can be captured on a spreadsheet. From fighting food insecurity to serving residents during the COVID-19 pandemic, Pitt is committed to being a caring partner, a good neighbor and a powerful community asset. Pitt takes pride in being a university of the community.
Tripp Umbach estimates that Pitt employees and students in FY ’21 generated more than $85.3 million in charitable donations and volunteer services across the counties in which campuses are located. These benefits are in addition to the $5.2 billion annual impact that Pitt generates for the state.
The $85.3 million impact includes:
Pitt's services to community members:
- Quality of Life and Social Services
- Health and Wellness
- Strengthening Cultural Arts
- Enriched Learning and Youth Development
- Organizational Capacity Building and Data Analytics
- Environment and Sustainability
- Inclusive Economic Prosperity